Solution: We have found that clearing your cache and cookies when you arrive at this screen often corrects the problem. Please see the instructions below for how to complete this process in most browsers.
Please note: These steps will remove cache and cookies for the projectn95.org site only.
Instructions for clearing cache and cookies when you arrive at an “Access Forbidden” error for Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge:
- Right click anywhere on the page; a dialog box will pop up with a menu
- Click on “Inspect” from the menu; a larger menu will appear on the right side of the screen
- Along the top of the pop-up menu, click on Application”; if “Application” does not appear, to the far right of the headers will be a button to to view additional items that likely appears as “>>“; click on “>>” (or equivalent> to view more options to see an additional drop down menu, and click on “Application”
- A menu will appear just to the left; click on “Clear storage”
- A pop up will appear just to the right; click on “Clear site data”
- In original browser window, refresh the page.
Instructions for clearing cache and cookies when you arrive at an “Access Forbidden” error for Firefox:
- Right-click on the page, select View Page Info.
- Click the Security icon (lock)
- Click the button for Clear Cookies and Site Data
- Click the Remove button (both projectn95.org and shop.projectn95.org show up but 1 click removes both)
The instructions above are for recent versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. Other browsers may be somewhat different.